Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankfulness in a rough season

Thanksgiving. It's a great time to make a list of the things you are thankful for when remembering the past year.  I like to think of it as a reflective sort of holiday.  Similar to New Year's Eve in the way you reevaluate the past year and think about all the things that have happened in your life.  So here is my list as I reflect today.

My Adoption Thankful list
  1. God is faithful and provides for us.
  2. We were approved a a waiting family for a child.
  3. My husband is amazing.  He continues to support and love when even when I'm not that lovable. He is getting as antsy as I am about waiting.  That is reassuring.
  4. I have a lovely family that gives me support always in many different ways,
  5. I have a crazy puppy dog that loves me even though he is getting older and has slowed down for the most part. My fur baby will always be the first child but not the only child much longer.
  6. We received a large grant to help towards our adoption. 
  7. I am surviving the wait so far although it is not without occasional tears and temper tantrums.
  8. I have been able to sell jewelry to help support widows in Africa AND our adoption at the same time!  What a blessing to help and be helped simultaneously.
  9. Many people have donated to our adoption and that has been huge.  
  10. The nursery is patched and almost ready to paint.  
  11. And best of all, I have a wonderful child out there waiting for me too.
I suppose there are more that I can't remember at this exact moment, but there is plenty to be thankful for in my life.  I sometimes have trouble seeing it, but it is still there.  What about you?  What are you thankful for in your season of life?  There are more things to be thankful for than you can even imagine.  Even though or maybe I should say especially when it doesn't seem like it at the moment.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment